07 December 2013

Untitled

We've started over once more. I'm me and you're you, and we've brought it back to how it used to be, the familiarity of skin and softness and satiated cravings and lust all over again.

I just became used to the way labels worked. Never was a true fan of them, to be honest. I wasn't much about the application of one to what we had, it wasn't my idea or plan. But we took the leap of faith, and it brought me to a place that was entirely foreign. A whirlwind of emotions and trust and complexity that was unparalleled to what we had before. Yet, like most men, you weren't ready for that kind of step.

I don't think it has escaped us. We'll try and try to change, yet we will change in a way that brought us right back to last winter. The longing for each other in ways that were present from the start. 

Carnal, sure. The casual sex is a staple of college life. Let it all out while it's still acceptable. Horny and hungry for the same damn things.

But I'd still like to challenge you intellectually.

I'd still like to maybe make you nighttime snacks.

I'd still like to be the one to whom you share all your thoughts and desires and experiences and tastes.

I'll be here, where I always was. The sacrifices and necessities of being my significant other have disappeared, but you're still significant. You always were. 

P.S. Should love have ever been brought into the equation? I think it's such a dangerous word.