04 December 2013

Rose-Colored Glasses

I've slept well the past few days, and instead of studying properly, I just choose to sleep. It's been a nice habit, I'd rather get my REM in check and not rely on other things to keep my mind on track. "Never underestimate the power of a good night's sleep." Pam from The Office says that to Jim when she's torn apart at seeing him dating Rashida Jones's character. 

Doubt either one of us is understanding what exactly to do and feel in this situation. I find it stimulating to retrace the past and take in the good times, feel them seep into my soul until, when I close my eyes, I can sense it so well that it would be as if it was happening right in front of me. 

It's time to throw away that pair of rose-colored glasses. I'll raise a toast of champagne to myself and deem, "For the better," which it really is. But what bothers me every second of the day is how unstable I feel, and that's one thing I cannot go on with; I have to know what to expect before walking into anything. And I realize that's very pragmatic, yet right now I have to think with my head and not with my heart. 

Focus, focus.