19 June 2013

It's Love; It's Not Santa Claus

The above quote is so aptly stated by Tom Hansen in (500) Days. I re-watched that film yesterday (well, more like 2 AM this morning), and realized it had been six or seven long months since I viewed it last. It holds a transitional part of my personality, unhinging the predispositions I had about love and like and everything in between. Every time I watch it, I see something new in it that helps bring a brand new facet of life to my eyes that I hadn't seen any other time I watched. 

It holds too much.

I hadn't written for over a week, family calls. I missed my own room after sharing my cousin's for about six days. I can't wait until that little twerp suddenly grows seven inches taller than me and his bony arms and legs are defined in that macho man sort of way. 

The summer has picked up and days are moving fast once again. I so badly want to take my old car and drive. Just fucking drive. To anywhere. I want one last summer of teenage rebellion and lust and actual self-empowerment by just heading out west for a few nights. I want to feel uncomfortable and cooped up and sticky without a clue where I am going. 

Last time I walked down East 9th St and past my favorite niche of the city was 13 August, 2012. 10 months. I'll fucking go alone, I swear I will once classes are over.