11 June 2013

Gust

I wore a short, flowy skirt today and the wind was not my friend. I had to grip on to the cotton for dear life and attach it to my backside with frantic fingers because I had no idea the gust speed was above twenty fucking miles an hour. The cute guy at the entrance desk to Alexander Library was most probably flashed.

As the sun sets later and the temperature reaches higher, I find myself helpless. The heat has gotten to me. I cannot tell if I am content or still wavering in my own stupid misery. Everything is placing itself so nicely in my life, yet there is this small sliver of my mind that can't even be happy for myself. The pessimism never left it seems. 

I have a friend. He is the highlight of my life, besides my work and studies, and I can't even fathom how we found each other, but we did. And for that I'm glad. 

Thank you, universe, for letting me be able to trust again and giving me moments where I actually wished time could stop, even for a second, so I could revel in the perfection of a moment.